Sunday, September 27, 2009

Self -Esteem and how you evaluate yourself


Affirmations for Self-Esteem

There are many things I do successfully. (Write them down if you have to.)
I can improve my self-esteem by meeting my own expectations.
I don't have to strive for perfection to approve of myself.
My worth as a human being does not depend upon achieving a perfect weight, or by being the smartest, or the most popular, or the fastest, or having the highest grades, or being the funniest, or having the coolest friends, or getting into the best college, or... (you fill in the rest !)

I alone am responsible for the decisions I make.
I am a unique individual.
Persistence will help me succeed.
Every mistake I make can be an opportunity to learn. I can't be afraid to make mistakes; this is how I learn to improve.
I deserve support and will ask for help when I need it.
I have the power to forgive myself for past mistakes.
I will treat myself as someone special.
I determine what success means to me.
Now you make up some of your own!

What is Success?
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty,
To find the best in others,
To leave the world a bit better; whether by a healthy child,
A garden patch, or a redeemed social condition;
To know that one life has breathed easier because you have lived.
This is to have succeeded.



Share this Blog

Bookmark and Share

Blog Archive

 

san diego foreclosure listings